"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm, for love is as strong as death, its ardor as unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love, rivers cannot wash it away."
Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Our passion and purpose is to provide married couples with the foundational elements needed for an enjoyable, lifelong marriage and to see marriage in the Houston area (and beyond) wholly restored for God’s glory.
A JOY-FILLED MARRIAGE
Yes! You can have a joy-filled marriage! Marriage is wonderful but hard. Just like life, it is filled with joy and suffering. This is because marriage is life being walked out as partners, two lives journeying together as one through all that life brings. Marriage can be both helpful and hurtful, encouraging and discouraging, amazing and difficult. It is, as Paul describes in Ephesians 5: 32, “a profound mystery” how two lives join together to journey through life with purpose, mission, and blessing. You are in this together! That is God's gift to you. This is why at Love for a Lifetime we find marriage miraculous and exciting! We want to share with you foundational tools for a thriving marriage, and we want to encourage and to support you as you enjoy the great adventure of marriage together.
WHO WE ARE
Love for a Lifetime is a nonprofit marriage ministry
for married couples located in Tomball, Texas, with accessibility to couples in Houston and its surrounding areas. The purpose of this ministry is to encourage healthy, thriving marriages through quarterly date nights, purposeful conversations, special events, and various resources.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE MARRIAGE?
Is marriage really just a legal contract between two people in an obligation that might or might not last until death?
Why are so many marriages cut short by separation and divorce? Could it be that lasting marriages are not concerned
with legality but rather focus on overcoming challenges and incorporating relationship skills such as good communication, selfless love, sacrifice, partnership, tolerance, and forgiveness? Marriage has always been a fundamental part of our community. Why are so many marriages failing in today's culture? Why should we get married?
At Love for a Lifetime, we believe that marriage was created by God for a purpose. Our marriages are meant to be a reflection of God's love for us, just as our individual lives are to reflect Him and bring glory to Him. Marriage creates a lasting covenant between two individuals who become one as they are united with and through the God who made and loves them. Healthy marriages also serve as a loving, stable environment in which children can grow and thrive without the damaging effects of unhealthy parental conflict and divorce.
Love for a Lifetime offers several events throughout the year which couples can attend for the purpose of enjoying and strengthening their marriages. First, we host quarterly Date Nights. These evenings are designed to give couples an opportunity to step away from the busyness of life and simply to have a fun night out together.
Second, we offer Dinners with a Purpose. During these events, we intermingle a delicious meal with intentional conversation about and tools for thriving in various marriage situations such as: communication, conflict resolution, finances, sex and intimacy, expectations, and more. Third, starting in 2024, we plan to add weekend marriage retreats to our ministry. The vision is for these to be small (six or fewer couples), intimate get-aways during which couples will spend not only private time reconnecting with one another, but also time relaxing, enjoying the company of other married couples, and sharing in considerate conversations that will help to strengthen their marriages.
OUR MARRIAGE IS GREAT! WHY SHOULD WE ATTEND?
We are so happy that you are enjoying your marriage!
However, we know that no marriage is perfect and that even the best marriages will go through difficult times. Love for a Lifetime was not created for struggling marriages, but for all marriages. It is our desire not only to provide couples with tools they can use to mitigate the struggles they will inevitably encounter through the years, but also to provide opportunities to solidify, celebrate, and enjoy the bond of marriage that they share.
OUR NEXT EVENTS
- Tue, Dec 12Sandlewood Manor ChapelDec 12, 2023, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM CSTSandlewood Manor Chapel , 22402 Holly Creek Trail, Tomball, TX 77377, USACome enjoy our full length dance class which is held every other month throughout the year! These 1 1/2 hour classes will be in our beautiful Sandlewood Chapel and offer couples an enjoyable night out.
- Thu, Jan 18Sandlewood ManorJan 18, 2024, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PMSandlewood Manor, 22402 Holly Creek Trail, Tomball, TX 77377, USAJoin us for Dinner with a Purpose! This evening is an opportunity for you to be intentional about your marriage through an elite multi-course dinner, couple activities, table discussions and guest speakers. Space is limited. (Ticket price is per couple.)
- Tue, Apr 09Sandlewood Manor ChapelApr 09, 2024, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM CDTSandlewood Manor Chapel , 22402 Holly Creek Trail, Tomball, TX 77377, USACome enjoy our full length dance class which is held every other month throughout the year! These 1 1/2 hour classes will be in our beautiful Sandlewood Chapel and offer couples an enjoyable night out.
- Tue, Jun 11Sandlewood Manor ChapelJun 11, 2024, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM CDTSandlewood Manor Chapel , 22402 Holly Creek Trail, Tomball, TX 77377, USACome enjoy our full length dance class which is held every other month throughout the year! These 1 1/2 hour classes will be in our beautiful Sandlewood Chapel and offer couples an enjoyable night out.
- Tue, Sep 10Sandlewood Manor ChapelSep 10, 2024, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM CDTSandlewood Manor Chapel , 22402 Holly Creek Trail, Tomball, TX 77377, USA